Life Serve Youth Foundation is hiring a Youth Development Manager for our 2019 camp program. Please see below for details. If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: June 20, 2019
Youth Development Manager
Through the love of tennis and the character-building experience of sleepaway camp, Life Serve Youth Foundation empowers achievement and unlocks the full potential of underserved youth. By providing a two-week sleepaway summer camp with a focus on tennis, leadership development, social and emotional learning, and a growth mindset, we enable underserved youth to thrive.
Life Serve Youth Foundation is seeking a qualified Youth Development Manager to support the Executive Director during a two-week sleepaway summer camp program. The person in this position will have a leadership role at camp. This person will be employed from August 5th thru August 20th. Although this person is not a camp counselor, this person is expected to be with campers throughout the day. The position’s responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate and support the organization’s social and emotional learning (SEL) curriculum by leading activities that promote SEL.
- Be a leader for the teen girls at camp.
- Help ensure that coaches teach a growth mindset on the tennis courts and during all activities.
- Be the primary person available to discuss personal issues that campers may have.
- Help facilitate non-punitive measures to handle camper conflicts by engaging the teens in discussion.
- Help ensure the general well-being of campers by keeping a pulse on what is happening at camp.
- Make recommendations on how we can better support the teens.
- Work with the Executive Director to communicate with families during camp, so that they receive timely, accurate and culturally competent information about their children.
- Provide guidance to counselors on fostering a positive environment as needed.
- Facilitate end of camp survey and work with the Executive Director to ensure that all necessary information is captured.
- Must have a Masters degree or a current graduate student in Social Work, Education, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a youth development organization or school, or sports- focused program.
- 1 year experience implementing social and emotional learning programs and fostering a growth mindset among teens.
- Ability to live at camp for the duration of the program (August 5th thru August 20th).
- Willingness to take a primary role in the summer programming.
- Familiarity with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Salary: $3,000 for current grad student ; $3,500 if Masters degree is already obtained.
Other: A room and 3 meals per day is included.
Camp is located at 232 White Oak Road, Elizaville, NY 12523
To learn more about Life Serve Youth Foundation, please visit www.lifeservetennis.org